Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm extremely blessed

My kids are amazing. Jay is three and is just a bundle of humor and energy. I'm always amazed at what comes out of his mouth. His red hair was a surprise to us, but just is who he is. He has this personality that you can't ignore. He never meets a stranger. He's my little politician!" Oh Lord! He walks into the room and you know he's there. He commands all the attention. He loves his family and friends. He's always talking about his grandparents or his buddies. He is rarely without his "Shu Shu." This if "Ruff Ruff" to the rest of us. IT's his Velveteen Rabbit! My boy is growing up and I can't wait to see where he goes in life.

My new baby Nell is such a wonder. She is a cuddler which warms my heart. I could sit and hold her all the time. We have one more week of my maternity leave and I'll never have this kind of time with her again. She'll be eight weeks on Thursday and I just can't believe it. It has gone so fast. I love the way she smiles when I come into her line of sight. I can't wait to do "girl things" with her. Shopping in Atlanta with lunch at Neiman Marcus, pigtails, tea parties, dance recitals. I can't wait. I have regret that she will never really know her great-grandmother for whom she is named. My Granny was such a special part of my life and I wish she was aware enough to enjoy her great-grandchildren. But I tell Nell about her all the time.

I guess I should mention my husband. Jack is the greatest. He puts up with me and loves me in spite of myself. He knows who I am and he accepts me. He is a great dad and works his program so diligently. Recovery is the best thing that has ever happened to us and without him I wouldn't have found this way of life. He makes me laugh and he stands by me no matter what. He listens to me and gives great advice, even if I don't want to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment