My mom loves sweets. So much that every year she gives them up for lent and it is seriously hard for her. She loves chocolate and she especially loves key lime pie!
I mean she really loves key lime pie…
Really, really likes Key Lime Pie...
Maybe more than her children.
But certainly not more than her grandchildren!
So I found this recipe in Southern Living and decided to make it for Christmas.
To make this pie you need one of these. Seriously, the whole thing is made in a blender. Isn't that fun? No, you don't share my joy in kitchen appliances? Fine, you don't know what you're missing!You just dump all your ingredients in a blender and blend away! All the condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, egg substitute, all of it, in a blender.
I just thought this was a fun picture. I love the vortex look of putting things in a blender. Then you just dump it all in a pie shell and bake it. Top with your whipped topping. And there you have it! Super easy Key Lime Pie!!!
I have made this recipe both with full fat ingredients and with the reduced fat. Reduced fat is really just as yummy. If you go with the reduced fat you save about 100 calories per slice and about ten grams of fat! It's still yummy, I promise!!
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind (about 2 limes)
- 1 (6-oz.) reduced-fat ready-made graham cracker crust
- 1 (8-oz.) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Garnishes: lime wedges, lime curls
Preparation1. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into piecrust.
2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let pie cool completely, and top with whipped topping. Garnish, if desired.