Monday, September 6, 2010

Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls

Very rarely do I ever strike out on my own and create an original recipe. It is this fact that keeps me from ever being the "Next Food Network Star" as they aren't allowed to use cookbooks or the internet. The horror. I know that people would of course want to see my face and bubbly personality on TV, who cares that I can't come up with an original recipe to save my life! Who cares that I have to google ingredients to figure out what to do with them. I have just as much right as anyone else. Right?
But I digress... I rarely ever come up with original ideas, so this was a first. I bought some crescent rolls on sale at the grocery store last week and wanted to do something with them. So I unrolled them and added a little shredded cheese.
IMG_5081 
A little chopped ham
IMG_5082 
Rolled them up and sealed off the edges so that nothing could sneak out
IMG_5084 
Baked in a 375 degree oven for about fifteen minutes and served with a little bit of honey mustard.
IMG_5086 
So brown and yummy
IMG_5087 
And easy for Jay to help with...that is had Toy Story not been playing again for the fifth time this weekend... But he was proud nonetheless
IMG_5088
So if you tell me that you've had these before or that you've seen a recipe for these before I' not hearing any of it because in my mind, these are mine, all mine and I plan to substitute other meats and cheeses in these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment