Monday, January 4, 2010

Yes, he did make fun of me...

but I did it anyways!

When we got the call around 4:00 that Nell had been throwing up I was so glad that I had made this yesterday and put it in the fridge to pop in the oven tonight! I found this recipe in a magazine as part of a Campbell's advertisement. I love lasagna and I love anything with cream of mushroom soup so I figured it could be tasty.

Beef and Mushroom Lasagna



1 can cream of mushroom soup (of course they recommend Campbell's, but I used store brand)
1/4 cup milk
1 lb ground beef (of course you could substitute any other ground meat)
2 cups spaghetti sauce (they recommended Prego, I did use that because it was on sale, meat flavored in my case, oh, and I just used the whole jar, it was close enough)
9 cooked lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded italian or mozarella cheese (I used a couple of handfuls, love my cheese)

Heat oven to 400. Stir milk and soup in a bowl until smooth.
Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain, add the spaghetti sauce.
Layer 1/2 beef mixture, 3 noodles (they overlapped, but I think it made it better to have thicker layers of noodles) and 1 cup of soup mixture in a 2 qt baking dish
Top with 3 more noodles, the rest of the beef mixture, remaining noodles and remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover baking dish.
Heat broiler (I used the low setting). Broil 4" from heat until cheese is golden brown (I just watched it constantly until the cheese was a little brown, but the noodles were getting cooked so I took it out).

Since I made it yesterday, I actually cooked it for about 30 minutes at 300, then another 30 at 350 before broiling it.

It was very yummy and creamy lasagna and Jay even made a happy plate!



No comments:

Post a Comment