Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Besties

I'm so lucky to have these girls in my life! My besties and I may not talk every day, and we may only get to see each other every month or so, but they're mine! Kim (center) andI met at Wells Hall in 1993. We were dorm mates and became room mates after that. We've seen each other through times of great joy and times of great sorrow. Courtney and I met when I was working at Applebee's after I finished college. I don't think I would have ever pegged her then as someone I would become so close with, but I'm so glad to have her. She makes me laugh when I'm with her and keeps me silly when I try to take myself too seriously. All she has to do to bring a smile to my face is call me! And I mean that seriously. Her ring tone on my phone makes me crack up whenever I hear it! I love my hectic life, but it does keep me from my besties. We're a little spread apart these days so it's harder to keep up like I know we should, but we do keep up. We talk and see each other whenever we can. Years ago, Kim and Jack and I made a promise to each other that we would always spend New Year's together. No matter where we were or what was going on in our lives, we would promise to be together one night out of the year. That was I believe in 1998. And we've kept that promise. Eleven years now we've celebrated New Year's. From the years that we would party and stay up until dawn to now when we get together New Year's day for the traditional black eyed peas and collard greens! I wouldn't trade these girls for anything!

And who would have thunk it that we'd all have kids within a year of each other! Jay was our first born in August, Kyle was Kim's third born in November and Franki is Courtney's only born in May. I love seeing the three of them together and they have a good time playing with one another. I can seriously see these two getting in lots of trouble one day!Every couple of weeks Jay will ask about seeing Franki.So always love your besties and keep your relationships strong. They will come in handy one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment