Thursday, August 27, 2009

What's on your needles?

I also want to use this blog as a place to keep up with different projects. Anyone who knows me well knows I have to have three or four different things going on at one time. I'm not happy sitting still. That's why I say I'll be more productive when I'm back to work. So it's no surprise that I have three projects on my needles right now. I have a scarf for someone in my family, I have a baby yoda sweater for a coworker and I have a wave jumper for an upcoming baby. When I finish these I'll post pics.

I caved and didn't wait the 24 hours to put food in the new fridge. I waited 12. Good enough? It had better be! I just didn't want to have all my food in coolers any more. Freezer is jam packed now. I'm a happy camper.

Going to really work on the diet once I get back to work. I need that structure to help me with my eating habits. I eat too much junk and munch all day. I'm going to start using an online calorie counter again. This helped me a lot before. It helps to recognize portion sizes and helps with my portion control. No walk today. Drizzly weather today plus I need to get these performance reviews done today and read for class tonight.

One thing I'm realizing is that I write like I have people reading this blog. I know that a few people read this, but it will take me a while to get used to not having a bunch of people reading what I do ever day. that was one thing about LiveJournal that I think has turned me off to it. ElJay is so focused on making friends and having the biggest friends' list. It's all about trying to get more people to read what you write. It's kind of a big popularity contest. Now I will say that I have made several good online friends through that site, I'm just not about that anymore. I need to just have this outlet to say what I need to say and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment